For centuries women have used cloth as a tool of comfort and as an expression of beauty within their homes. Creating cloth for warmth, cloth for shelter, our female predecessors embellished these linens with hand stitch using laborious and time consuming techniques thereby enhancing the functional beauty of objects which enveloped and protected their families. Inspired by these women I hope my creations pay tribute to and recognise the devotion expressed in cloth by our female ancestors .







''the use of traditional often time consuming process alludes to the devotion of a mother''. c K. A. Ruane 2007







Monday, September 28, 2026

One inch hexagons.

 

It's definitely growing.

You can compare it to here. 

This is a lifetime commitment ha ha.

I want it single bed size and that scares me. 

I'm not even looking to check how big that actually is.....don't tell me. 

This is made completely with Liberty Tana Lawn.

That's a bonus.

It means I need to keep buying Liberty Tana Lawn! 

I also gave in to temptation and removed some of the templates.

Very satisfying. 

I'll be missing for a while from today.

I'm going here.

Behave yourselves whilst I'm gone. 

x 


3 comments:

Jillayne said...

it's looking pretty fabulous! And have a wonderful time in Paris...

Rachel said...

Progress indeed. Give Paris my love...!

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Just think of the sense of accomplishment you will feel once your quilt is done....definitely a labour of love.