For centuries women have used cloth as a tool of comfort and as an expression of beauty within their homes. Creating cloth for warmth, cloth for shelter, our female predecessors embellished these linens with hand stitch using laborious and time consuming techniques thereby enhancing the functional beauty of objects which enveloped and protected their families. Inspired by these women I hope my creations pay tribute to and recognise the devotion expressed in cloth by our female ancestors .







''the use of traditional often time consuming process alludes to the devotion of a mother''. c K. A. Ruane 2007







Sunday, September 6, 2026

Hexagon marathon

 

I can assure you this has grown since you last saw it.

It now measures, at its widest point, twenty nine by 12 inches whilst the latest small piece waiting to be added measures eleven by nine inches.

There was a passing thought to count the single hexagons here. It was fleeting ha ha.

Feel free if you want to do that....but let me know how many then I don't have to do it lol.

I only work on this piece a couple of evenings a week in between doing other embroidery.

It will take a while...a very long while.....a true labour of love in the making. 

3 comments:

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Nope, I'm not counting them either! I know from experience how addictive they are.

Jillayne said...

Oh I love projects like that, a little at a time and it grows over time... one to enjoy. It's simply stunning Karen, a beautiful work in the making.

Rachel said...

My goodness, a true epic!