For centuries women have used cloth as a tool of comfort and as an expression of beauty within their homes. Creating cloth for warmth, cloth for shelter, our female predecessors embellished these linens with hand stitch using laborious and time consuming techniques thereby enhancing the functional beauty of objects which enveloped and protected their families. Inspired by these women I hope my creations pay tribute to and recognise the devotion expressed in cloth by our female ancestors .







''the use of traditional often time consuming process alludes to the devotion of a mother''. c K. A. Ruane 2007







Wednesday, September 16, 2026

Drawstring pouch.

 




A hand made drawstring pouch, finished!!

I had just added the ribbon ties in this post.

Gingham patchwork with a little patterned fabric too.

A delicate white base fabric and a soft white cloth lining. 

Am I pleased with it.

Yes! 

4 comments:

Jillayne said...

It's amazing how everything literally comes together, and so beautifully. I love the addition of the fabric with the drawings of children, it's a whimsical nature that is so endearing, especially with the gingham.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

You should be pleased! It's adorable.

Anonymous said...

Just beautiful. I love all the various techniques you've included - it looks amazing :)

Jill Dian said...

No idea why my comment was published as Anonymous!! :)