For centuries women have used cloth as a tool of comfort and as an expression of beauty within their homes. Creating cloth for warmth, cloth for shelter, our female predecessors embellished these linens with hand stitch using laborious and time consuming techniques thereby enhancing the functional beauty of objects which enveloped and protected their families. Inspired by these women I hope my creations pay tribute to and recognise the devotion expressed in cloth by our female ancestors .







''the use of traditional often time consuming process alludes to the devotion of a mother''. c K. A. Ruane 2007







Wednesday, August 19, 2026

Wednesday

 

Lots happening on the table today.

The outer part of the drawstring bag is finished in terms of surface stitching.

I now need to make cords for that.

The small piece of patchwork in the centre will be added to the larger piece of patchwork on the right whilst the two tiny patchwork pieces on the left are just an idea I am playing with. 

Busy fingers here! 

2 comments:

Lois Evensen said...

I look forward to seeing it when it is finished. :)

Magpie's Mumblings said...

I love those tiny patchworks!