For centuries women have used cloth as a tool of comfort and as an expression of beauty within their homes. Creating cloth for warmth, cloth for shelter, our female predecessors embellished these linens with hand stitch using laborious and time consuming techniques thereby enhancing the functional beauty of objects which enveloped and protected their families. Inspired by these women I hope my creations pay tribute to and recognise the devotion expressed in cloth by our female ancestors .







''the use of traditional often time consuming process alludes to the devotion of a mother''. c K. A. Ruane 2007







Thursday, December 13, 2007








I had my interview today to become a member of the Craftsmens Guild of Lancashire. It took place here. I have never been here before and would like to go back for a proper look when I haven't got my interview head on. It looked really interesting with some nice window displays that I didn't get a proper look at because I was too busy hauling my work across the car park. You can see from the pics the state of my house this morning, checking the condition of mounts, checking all my tags were on properly. I think it went quite well but you never can tell, so I am waiting for the postman to bring the verdict!! Positive thoughts please.......

No comments: