For centuries women have used cloth as a tool of comfort and as an expression of beauty within their homes. Creating cloth for warmth, cloth for shelter, our female predecessors embellished these linens with hand stitch using laborious and time consuming techniques thereby enhancing the functional beauty of objects which enveloped and protected their families. Inspired by these women I hope my creations pay tribute to and recognise the devotion expressed in cloth by our female ancestors .







''the use of traditional often time consuming process alludes to the devotion of a mother''. c K. A. Ruane 2007







Monday, August 3, 2026

Fabric mounts and patchwork pieces.

 

I'm focusing on a couple of things at the moment.

A fabric mount is in progress for a sample relating to my drawstring bag (which is also in progress).

There are patchwork motifs being created for that drawstring bag along with some grandmothers flower garden patchwork to use on this piece. 

I have also this morning pinned the backing on a wrapping cloth which should be finished and ready to show you very soon. 

My hands are never idle! 

1 comment:

Magpie's Mumblings said...

I know what you mean about hands never being idle. I love the way you fussy cut the little kids to fit perfectly on the flowers.