For centuries women have used cloth as a tool of comfort and as an expression of beauty within their homes. Creating cloth for warmth, cloth for shelter, our female predecessors embellished these linens with hand stitch using laborious and time consuming techniques thereby enhancing the functional beauty of objects which enveloped and protected their families. Inspired by these women I hope my creations pay tribute to and recognise the devotion expressed in cloth by our female ancestors .







''the use of traditional often time consuming process alludes to the devotion of a mother''. c K. A. Ruane 2007







Saturday, April 16, 2016

white




I did it, I managed to find the two spare hours needed to satisfy the hankering I had for white lace cloth...I spoke about it yesterday. The two hours were hiding in the cupboard marked ''don't panic you are running on adrenalin''. I'm so pleased I did this, I love it, it makes me happy, it completes my preparations.
I'm closing the shop later today, the registration for my new class will open again a week on Monday. I will be back on here a week on Monday. I need to pack. I need to iron. I miss you already.....got to dash....

(patched pockets girls....I am waiting for the men to vacate the house, go to the football before I make your video...an estimate....it will be ready in a  couple of hours....when have I ever let you down?...OK...don't answer that!!)
- See more at: http://karenannruane.typepad.com/karen_ruane/#sthash.TrnXCnwE.dpuf

No comments: