For centuries women have used cloth as a tool of comfort and as an expression of beauty within their homes. Creating cloth for warmth, cloth for shelter, our female predecessors embellished these linens with hand stitch using laborious and time consuming techniques thereby enhancing the functional beauty of objects which enveloped and protected their families. Inspired by these women I hope my creations pay tribute to and recognise the devotion expressed in cloth by our female ancestors .







''the use of traditional often time consuming process alludes to the devotion of a mother''. c K. A. Ruane 2007







Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Bullion loops




I'm convincing myself that I am capable of embroidering a bullion loop following on from my chat about failure in that department in France which I posted yesterday. I'm also unloading a bit today about my lack of direction, my floundering as I am ''between'' things, classes and such like. I'm also talking about the fact that I am going away again tomorrow......sorry.....it's compulsory, there's a special occasion I cannot avoid. Because of that, if you register for ''Stitching a Story'' after today you will need to wait 72 hours for your ''welcome'' mail....thought I best explain that one. I'm not completely abandoning you though. I am working very hard to pre time blog posts for when I'm away....you don't get rid of me that easily.
If you weren't here yesterday I can recommend the video...a chat about my workshop in France. 
- See more at: http://karenannruane.typepad.com/karen_ruane/#sthash.aLhi1j66.dpuf



No comments: