For centuries women have used cloth as a tool of comfort and as an expression of beauty within their homes. Creating cloth for warmth, cloth for shelter, our female predecessors embellished these linens with hand stitch using laborious and time consuming techniques thereby enhancing the functional beauty of objects which enveloped and protected their families. Inspired by these women I hope my creations pay tribute to and recognise the devotion expressed in cloth by our female ancestors .







''the use of traditional often time consuming process alludes to the devotion of a mother''. c K. A. Ruane 2007







Monday, March 21, 2016

Paperwork, a growing collection






Sigh.....cloudy day equals gloomy images....I must have a word with the guy who's responsible for the weather. Another finished piece of paperwork to add to the growing collection. You last saw it here, it's been added to since then. I now have five pieces....I would like to have ten but may have to settle for seven, we''ll see how it goes. These will shortly be mounted onto A3 bright white mount board then these too can be ticked off the France list. 
Later today, imminently, I will be working more in my little books.....filling a few pages. Perhaps I should rename those ''a few pages here and there'' books.
- See more at: http://karenannruane.typepad.com/karen_ruane/#sthash.FBbdhBD0.dpuf

No comments: