For centuries women have used cloth as a tool of comfort and as an expression of beauty within their homes. Creating cloth for warmth, cloth for shelter, our female predecessors embellished these linens with hand stitch using laborious and time consuming techniques thereby enhancing the functional beauty of objects which enveloped and protected their families. Inspired by these women I hope my creations pay tribute to and recognise the devotion expressed in cloth by our female ancestors .







''the use of traditional often time consuming process alludes to the devotion of a mother''. c K. A. Ruane 2007







Tuesday, March 8, 2016

just pin pillows









Pillows, pillows to stick pins in...pin pillows, four of them....the pink one is new. It's this  piece, backed, stuffed and titivated. I love how they look together. I think I need more though, at least one more. For some reason I'm not comfortable with even numbers.
All of these will be coming here with me. I need to get a shift on. I have been a bit distracted over the past few weeks and that has resulted in some slacking off embroidery wise. I best get my fingers limbered up now because a stitch marathon is needed.
- See more at: http://karenannruane.typepad.com/karen_ruane/#sthash.ZxAhGmV4.dpuf


No comments: