For centuries women have used cloth as a tool of comfort and as an expression of beauty within their homes. Creating cloth for warmth, cloth for shelter, our female predecessors embellished these linens with hand stitch using laborious and time consuming techniques thereby enhancing the functional beauty of objects which enveloped and protected their families. Inspired by these women I hope my creations pay tribute to and recognise the devotion expressed in cloth by our female ancestors .







''the use of traditional often time consuming process alludes to the devotion of a mother''. c K. A. Ruane 2007







Saturday, February 27, 2016

three pages







Slowly, slowly I am putting together five little artist books. Three pieces of paper have been stitched and doodled and I now have another three finished pages. Stitch has been extended on to the pages...cohesion.....
My best guess is that I need at least another 30 pages minimum, spread over the five books. It sounds much more of a task that it actually is.
- See more at: http://karenannruane.typepad.com/karen_ruane/#sthash.M5G0Y2Uc.dpuf

1 comment:

janice15 said...

They look wonderful so sweet I have to read back so see more about them. Happy weekend with love Janice