For centuries women have used cloth as a tool of comfort and as an expression of beauty within their homes. Creating cloth for warmth, cloth for shelter, our female predecessors embellished these linens with hand stitch using laborious and time consuming techniques thereby enhancing the functional beauty of objects which enveloped and protected their families. Inspired by these women I hope my creations pay tribute to and recognise the devotion expressed in cloth by our female ancestors .







''the use of traditional often time consuming process alludes to the devotion of a mother''. c K. A. Ruane 2007







Wednesday, November 25, 2015

an update....a silk pocket, a human pocket.....the body bag














This piece, this work, this labour of love. It's ongoing, it gets attention every week as part of class, there is still some way to go but I don't mind. I'm guessing I might just feel a slight sense of loss when it's finished but that's some way in the future. The video? It speaks of this piece, a progress report or new information for those of you who haven't seen it before.
Why am I here, posting here? I'm having issues with poor service at the other place.  I'm having issues with my e mail subscriptions at the other place. For now I am going to post to both places until I have given some thought to what else I can do. Believe it or not I get more visitors here than the other place even if I don't post anything? Go figure....
If you have never been to the ''other place'' you won't know I have a new class starting straight after Christmas. You can read about that here...I will see you tomorrow, both places, indefinitely.




No comments: