For centuries women have used cloth as a tool of comfort and as an expression of beauty within their homes. Creating cloth for warmth, cloth for shelter, our female predecessors embellished these linens with hand stitch using laborious and time consuming techniques thereby enhancing the functional beauty of objects which enveloped and protected their families. Inspired by these women I hope my creations pay tribute to and recognise the devotion expressed in cloth by our female ancestors .







''the use of traditional often time consuming process alludes to the devotion of a mother''. c K. A. Ruane 2007







Saturday, November 15, 2014

I'm here!!

It would seem Typepad is down again......sick of it? An understatement. Today's post is here....






A little embroidery has been added to the pillow top I put together earlier this week. So far there is buttonhole lace, bumpy bits, stab stitch, two tiny tabs and a seam of bullion loops. There is still some way to go on this one and for those of you who missed it I have posted the video again which demonstrates  how I put this piece together.




6 comments:

Rachel said...

Typepad wasn't down for me!

Ruth B said...

I have admired your work for so long and it was such fun to watch you create this piece. Lovely. Thank you so much.

Jacque. said...

Absolutely stunning work!

Tammie Lee said...

so many wonderful details

Mary said...

Lovely video. Great to watch you work and see your process...

✿France✿ said...

Quel beau travail j'adore tout simplement