For centuries women have used cloth as a tool of comfort and as an expression of beauty within their homes. Creating cloth for warmth, cloth for shelter, our female predecessors embellished these linens with hand stitch using laborious and time consuming techniques thereby enhancing the functional beauty of objects which enveloped and protected their families. Inspired by these women I hope my creations pay tribute to and recognise the devotion expressed in cloth by our female ancestors .







''the use of traditional often time consuming process alludes to the devotion of a mother''. c K. A. Ruane 2007







Thursday, December 2, 2010

christmas gift just for you

remember my give aways? when I say I wish I could give you all something? maybe this is that, if you know what I mean?? As it's christmas I am taking 20% off everything in the shop until December 10th. Use the code advent2010 when you checkout, easy as that. ( the discount doesn't apply to postage and packing)
Back tomorrow with embroidery......and a little peep at my christmas shopping...

5 comments:

Heartwideopen said...

How lovely of you to do that! I need to go over and take a peek and see if anything I've been drooling over is still there!
;~) Debi

Magpie's Mumblings said...

I succumbed and placed an order - to me, from me, with love, for Christmas (which is the bestest gift because then you get what you want!!). Can't wait!

Sarah Payne said...

I have just treated myself too :) I have drooled over your grandmas cloths for ages, and now I am getting one (Grandmas Sunday Linen)!!! I am so excited and already deciding where to display it!!!!

Merry Christmas and I hope you sell loads more of your fabulous stuff!

Suztats said...

That's a super Christmas present! I hope you sell out!

monika@mysweetprairie.ca said...

Oh you are just what I needed! I have been dreaming of white embroidery on white... GORGEOUS. just gorgeous.

~Monika in Canada