For centuries women have used cloth as a tool of comfort and as an expression of beauty within their homes. Creating cloth for warmth, cloth for shelter, our female predecessors embellished these linens with hand stitch using laborious and time consuming techniques thereby enhancing the functional beauty of objects which enveloped and protected their families. Inspired by these women I hope my creations pay tribute to and recognise the devotion expressed in cloth by our female ancestors .







''the use of traditional often time consuming process alludes to the devotion of a mother''. c K. A. Ruane 2007







Wednesday, March 5, 2008

And the winners are...............

I concluded the giveaway today, and the winners are the lovely Camilla from made by milla and the equally lovely Ulla from kotkarankki. I wish you could all win....sorry. I will formulate a way of deciding who gets which pincushion and they will soon be winging their way to you both.



2 comments:

Ulla said...

Thank you, Karen! It was a good start for my not so promising day (snow and wind and over 25 minutes walk to the train). I'll coose only pretty pins for my new pincushion.

Ulla said...

Coose means choose