For centuries women have used cloth as a tool of comfort and as an expression of beauty within their homes. Creating cloth for warmth, cloth for shelter, our female predecessors embellished these linens with hand stitch using laborious and time consuming techniques thereby enhancing the functional beauty of objects which enveloped and protected their families. Inspired by these women I hope my creations pay tribute to and recognise the devotion expressed in cloth by our female ancestors .







''the use of traditional often time consuming process alludes to the devotion of a mother''. c K. A. Ruane 2007







Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Relief!!

Yesterday I delivered my Cloths to the exhibition venue. It was such a relief, allthough I won't be there when they are actually hung. It is the preview on friday evening so I am going early to fiddle with them...make sure they look o.k. I also hope I can get some good images of the whole exhibition to show you here next week.
My mind is now on my next cloth. I have another exhibition which overlaps the current one and I need to make more work incase I am lucky and sell. What with exhibitions and trying to get etsy up and going my brain is working overtime. Talking about etsy, here is a small selection of what you will be able to find there tommorrow.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that purse came out really well, looks really good :)

Kaija said...

Everything looks so lovely! I can't wait to see your shop :)