For centuries women have used cloth as a tool of comfort and as an expression of beauty within their homes. Creating cloth for warmth, cloth for shelter, our female predecessors embellished these linens with hand stitch using laborious and time consuming techniques thereby enhancing the functional beauty of objects which enveloped and protected their families. Inspired by these women I hope my creations pay tribute to and recognise the devotion expressed in cloth by our female ancestors .







''the use of traditional often time consuming process alludes to the devotion of a mother''. c K. A. Ruane 2007







Sunday, December 2, 2007

More from the knitting and stitching show!




I also bought this gorgeous embroidered tablecloth from the hospice charity stand at Harrogate, lovely




I began a sort of tidy up today, trying to get more organised, ready for christmas, easier to find stuff, nice workspace, etc etc etc. I really do try and be super organised, everything planned out, a space for everything so I can just put my hand on it when I need it. Ha! In another life maybe!! Anyway, I came across these fabulous trimmings I bought at the knitting and stitching show and realised I had forgotten to show you. They are really lovely and it was a relief to get them as I can't find anything like this near home. Don't know what I am going to do with them yet, probably just look at them for a year, then put them somewhere safe, then never be able to find them again.....buy some more.....look at them......put them away.......yes you know where I am going with this one!


2 comments:

Julie said...

Put them away, can't find them, buy some more, etc etc. Sounds like me! I did some shopping on this stall at Harrogate too - I went on the Thursday, could have done with 2 days! (I came here from Gunnels' blog)

Anonymous said...

beautiful embroidery!!!! thanks for stopping by again :) your site is beautiful and makes me wish for more time to embroider too :) btw, i dont know if you seen these links but you might like them :)

http://unafloresita.blogspot.com/

http://flickrembroidery.blogspot.com/

http://mytransfers.blogspot.com/

ellia of http://greenbeanbaby.typepad.com