For centuries women have used cloth as a tool of comfort and as an expression of beauty within their homes. Creating cloth for warmth, cloth for shelter, our female predecessors embellished these linens with hand stitch using laborious and time consuming techniques thereby enhancing the functional beauty of objects which enveloped and protected their families. Inspired by these women I hope my creations pay tribute to and recognise the devotion expressed in cloth by our female ancestors .







''the use of traditional often time consuming process alludes to the devotion of a mother''. c K. A. Ruane 2007







Monday, November 26, 2007




c. a. carney
Hi! Here I am back from a busy, busy weekend. Harrogate was amazing. Fantastic exhibitors and tempting suppliers but you will be pleased to hear that I was VERY good and didn't spend too much! Among the exhibitors were Julie Arkell, Primmy Chorley and Tileke Schwarz, all exceptionally talented ladies and I have images of their work to show you at some point but for today I want to show you the work of a recently graduated textile artist. Adele Carney graduated from the University of Bolton this year and was spotted by the Embroiderers Guild at New Designers, they gave her a space at the Knitting and Stitching show and after chatting to her at the show it seems the whole experience was a good one,. Well done Adele, and I wish you every success. The images shown here are just some of her works.
Adele also hopes to have her own blog up and running soon and I will definitely post it here when it's running!

No comments: