For centuries women have used cloth as a tool of comfort and as an expression of beauty within their homes. Creating cloth for warmth, cloth for shelter, our female predecessors embellished these linens with hand stitch using laborious and time consuming techniques thereby enhancing the functional beauty of objects which enveloped and protected their families. Inspired by these women I hope my creations pay tribute to and recognise the devotion expressed in cloth by our female ancestors .







''the use of traditional often time consuming process alludes to the devotion of a mother''. c K. A. Ruane 2007







Friday, October 5, 2007



Whilst at New Designers I met some great people...you know who you are! Anyway I hope to get some images of their work up here soon, talented individuals indeed! When I finished my degree I trained to become a teacher and am now desperately seeking some teaching work. In the meantime I have opened a shop on etsy in a vain attempt to keep the wolf from the door. Not working so far though. The images here are from my degree work and in my next post I will have some images from etsy hopefully.

No comments: