For centuries women have used cloth as a tool of comfort and as an expression of beauty within their homes. Creating cloth for warmth, cloth for shelter, our female predecessors embellished these linens with hand stitch using laborious and time consuming techniques thereby enhancing the functional beauty of objects which enveloped and protected their families. Inspired by these women I hope my creations pay tribute to and recognise the devotion expressed in cloth by our female ancestors .







''the use of traditional often time consuming process alludes to the devotion of a mother''. c K. A. Ruane 2007







Monday, October 22, 2007

c Sally Shim
I had a reply from a fellow blogger re using their images today. I say fellow blogger, this lady is far more experienced in this than I am and I am truly grateful that she is allowing me to share her work with you. Her name is Sally Shim and the link to her blog is on the right. She uses such fresh, crisp fabrics in her work, they are a real items to covet. This image is of a pinboard with fabric pockets, but there are lots of other lovely things available from her shop. Take a look!

No comments: