For centuries women have used cloth as a tool of comfort and as an expression of beauty within their homes. Creating cloth for warmth, cloth for shelter, our female predecessors embellished these linens with hand stitch using laborious and time consuming techniques thereby enhancing the functional beauty of objects which enveloped and protected their families. Inspired by these women I hope my creations pay tribute to and recognise the devotion expressed in cloth by our female ancestors .







''the use of traditional often time consuming process alludes to the devotion of a mother''. c K. A. Ruane 2007







Thursday, October 4, 2007





Hi there. This is my first page on here so let me give a bit of info about myself. I am an obsessional embroiderer with a passion for hand stitch. I hope to get some feedback on my work from this blog and I it would be amazing if a lot of people were inspired enough to come back after their first look. In july of this year I was selected to exhibit my work in the 'One Year On ' section of New designers in London. I have posted some images which are close ups of work exhibited there. Please let me know what you think.

No comments: