For centuries women have used cloth as a tool of comfort and as an expression of beauty within their homes. Creating cloth for warmth, cloth for shelter, our female predecessors embellished these linens with hand stitch using laborious and time consuming techniques thereby enhancing the functional beauty of objects which enveloped and protected their families. Inspired by these women I hope my creations pay tribute to and recognise the devotion expressed in cloth by our female ancestors .







''the use of traditional often time consuming process alludes to the devotion of a mother''. c K. A. Ruane 2007







Tuesday, October 16, 2007




As promised, here are my finished knots and some pics of how they look as a trim on my embroidery. I would love to know what you think so please leave a comment or contact me through my e-mail. When I was making for new designers I lost count of how many knots I made and hadn't done any since then so really enjoyed getting back into them. I really strugle to take my photos, dont know if anyone else has this problem, at the crucial moment my hand shakes! I delete about 30 blurred ones for every reasonable one I get! Think I may have to buy a tripod.

On another note, I have spent so much time online recently looking at other blogs, some are truly amazing but unfortunately am not getting replies as yet to requests for image use. I am going to persevere though, if at first you dont succeed and all that.

No comments: