For centuries women have used cloth as a tool of comfort and as an expression of beauty within their homes. Creating cloth for warmth, cloth for shelter, our female predecessors embellished these linens with hand stitch using laborious and time consuming techniques thereby enhancing the functional beauty of objects which enveloped and protected their families. Inspired by these women I hope my creations pay tribute to and recognise the devotion expressed in cloth by our female ancestors .







''the use of traditional often time consuming process alludes to the devotion of a mother''. c K. A. Ruane 2007







Tuesday, June 7, 2016

the correct colour




This time I chose the right colours.....I can't link to the other post which is relevant to this because Typepad is down but the pinkish one, the raspberry like one was created first with the wrong coloured embroidery thread. The top image, the darker colours, they are the right colours if this is to live with the cross stitch piece you can see in the third image.
I say ''if this is to live with the cross stitch piece'' but now I am wondering, thinking...wouldn't it be lovely just to have lots of pieces of this all joined together?
That's an exciting plan, it gets me fired up. Trouble is I have so many other exciting plans for other things. At this rate I will have oodles of works in process.....ooodles.


(I actually just realised that the pink, raspberry post is immediately below this one....happy days)

3 comments:

deanna7trees said...

if only other things could multiply as quickly as plans and ideas do.
typepad just came back up.

henrietta (aka ani aka zani) said...

Happy days

Tammie Lee said...

elegant and lovely