For centuries women have used cloth as a tool of comfort and as an expression of beauty within their homes. Creating cloth for warmth, cloth for shelter, our female predecessors embellished these linens with hand stitch using laborious and time consuming techniques thereby enhancing the functional beauty of objects which enveloped and protected their families. Inspired by these women I hope my creations pay tribute to and recognise the devotion expressed in cloth by our female ancestors .







''the use of traditional often time consuming process alludes to the devotion of a mother''. c K. A. Ruane 2007







Tuesday, April 22, 2014

back and forth and back and forth













I'm back....again. I did post this to Typepad but it's gone AWOL again. I won't be beaten. This is a quick look for you at my week so far through images taken with my phone, spontaneous, of the moment. I got new threads, I ate an Easter egg and yes I know that one of my walls is in need of attention....sorry.

6 comments:

Rachel said...

Well, I'm glad to know you are somewhere! I'm getting as confused as you say you are (although I rather love the sight of your week in pictures)!

Mo Crow said...

gosh typepad is being cantankerous this week! good that you have this spare blog to keep going & sharing all that's happening in your week!

Mo Crow said...

gosh typepad is being cantankerous this week! good that you have this spare blog to keep going & sharing all that's happening in your week!

barbara l. hale said...

Nice to catch up with you again, Karen. Beautiful stuff you've been doing!

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Found you in both places. Left a comment 'over yonder' - hopefully it will go through.

Mary said...

Ohhh, that deep scallop lace, above your easter egg photo, is just dreamy! Lovely work, as always!