For centuries women have used cloth as a tool of comfort and as an expression of beauty within their homes. Creating cloth for warmth, cloth for shelter, our female predecessors embellished these linens with hand stitch using laborious and time consuming techniques thereby enhancing the functional beauty of objects which enveloped and protected their families. Inspired by these women I hope my creations pay tribute to and recognise the devotion expressed in cloth by our female ancestors .







''the use of traditional often time consuming process alludes to the devotion of a mother''. c K. A. Ruane 2007







Tuesday, June 19, 2012

sampling


Some very small samples for Ledgers....(don't worry if you are signed up to that class...I am not giving anything away. This is just a bit of embroidery)
Thanks so much for the support yesterday. It's just that I looked at my list and questioned my abilities to be organised enough, focused enough to get through it. You will be pleased to hear that I have started ticking off and it is always better once you get going. The initial thought process and plan is always harder, more daunting. Actually I am very much immersed in it all now and have spent the morning happily painting, yes happily. I have to go out to an appointment this afternoon and would rather stay home and continue my hoped for masterpiece. That is a breakthrough, me actually wanting to paint. So it's happy smiley Karen today. She is so much better company that sad faced worried Karen.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

A happy smiling Karen is a good thing! So glad you are all better!

Jane said...

I'll second that, a happy Karen is what we all prefer

Rachel said...

Good to see happy smiley Karen again - I hope she'll be here for a while!

deanna7trees said...

happy to hear it's a bright new day.

Suztats said...

;-D paint on!

Elizabeth said...

Enjoy yourself!!!!

Magpie's Mumblings said...

I don't think you could help but be happy while stitching with such luscious colours. It's a good thing I don't like mints or I would be heading to the store to get some of those little coloured ones!