For centuries women have used cloth as a tool of comfort and as an expression of beauty within their homes. Creating cloth for warmth, cloth for shelter, our female predecessors embellished these linens with hand stitch using laborious and time consuming techniques thereby enhancing the functional beauty of objects which enveloped and protected their families. Inspired by these women I hope my creations pay tribute to and recognise the devotion expressed in cloth by our female ancestors .







''the use of traditional often time consuming process alludes to the devotion of a mother''. c K. A. Ruane 2007







Saturday, June 9, 2012

plans.....




I'm preparing for next week, getting work together and making lists of course. With all this forward planning I should be able to get straight into working from Monday morning onwards, stopping for nothing except perhaps to build an Ark!! The rain is torrential and relentless.....you can probably guess that consequently I am leaving the house even less. I never go anywhere really apart from  the occasional foray to my shed and I have no intention of doing that whilst we have these monsoon like conditions.
Sorry, I know, I'm rambling.....back to useful information.....my list of things to do....
Titivate my kitchen
Work in my Ledger for class
Join sections of my white cloth
Embroider newly created section for my white cloth
Order silk
Create a piece of cloth using paper, silk and vintage scraps
Do you think that will keep me busy and out of trouble whilst I am home alone?

10 comments:

Elizabeth said...

It just sound like you are creating a piece of heaven for yourself next week.

deanna7trees said...

love that colorful piece of embroidery you have there. so looking forward to the ledger class. enjoy your free days.

Janice / Dancing with Sunflowers said...

What a lovely week! V excited about ledgers, by the way. :D

ersimarina said...

Home alone. Hmmm... Sounds like there will be lots of embroidery mischief :)

Jane said...

Sounds like fun. That piece of vintage cloth is beautiful

Rachel said...

It certainly seems like you've got plenty planned!

Tammie Lee said...

lovely to have a glimpse as to what has your attention. wishing you a wonderful time alone.

Liza said...

i don't know how you do it all Karen but I can't wait for the ledger class to start

Katie said...

I am intrigued by the ledger class but am going to have to sit out. I still have my cloth to finish as well as other projects in progress that need to be wrapped up. I hope you hold it again in the future and will be watching for peeks here.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

I do hope that titivating your kitchen doesn't mean you plan to do anything akin to housework!! The rest of your list looks like fun, but I'm reserving judgement on the kitchen.