For centuries women have used cloth as a tool of comfort and as an expression of beauty within their homes. Creating cloth for warmth, cloth for shelter, our female predecessors embellished these linens with hand stitch using laborious and time consuming techniques thereby enhancing the functional beauty of objects which enveloped and protected their families. Inspired by these women I hope my creations pay tribute to and recognise the devotion expressed in cloth by our female ancestors .







''the use of traditional often time consuming process alludes to the devotion of a mother''. c K. A. Ruane 2007







Saturday, June 23, 2012

constructing and continuing....




I am constructing my long, narrow pocket It doesn't need to be stitched right sides together as it will fit neatly within existing seams like a small piece of a large puzzle, (said with fingers crossed) buttonhole lace has been added to the pocket opening, it's so pretty! and embroidery on the final section is ongoing.......
Late night last night...I have discovered the box set. NYPD Blue to be precise and I had forgotten how much I loved it, how much I love Sipowicz, how much I love Bobby Simone...I don't think I can bear to watch him die all over again. Then I was up with the Lark this morning. The Olympic Torch Relay passed the end of my street today at 9.15 am...It was fabulous, definitely worth getting out of bed for after only a couple of hours sleep. There are pictures here if you want to see...I had a brilliant view.

7 comments:

deanna7trees said...

sounds like you had an eventful morning. i'm into Bramwell on netflix right now. not much to watch on tv this time of year.

Jane said...

It's coming our way Monday, the boys are hoping to be back in time to see it.

Suztats said...

Gorgeous pocket! I love the lace bits, and all those knots!
You've been well and truly knotty again! lol

Corinne Loomer said...

Great pics of the torch ! Thanks for going out , getting pics and sharing them with your friends across the sea!

Rachel said...

It seems you've been having an orgy of bullion knots at some point...

Hoola Tallulah said...

Ah your pockets are always so prettyfull <3

Magpie's Mumblings said...

I never would have thought of using a pocket to join pieces - great idea!