For centuries women have used cloth as a tool of comfort and as an expression of beauty within their homes. Creating cloth for warmth, cloth for shelter, our female predecessors embellished these linens with hand stitch using laborious and time consuming techniques thereby enhancing the functional beauty of objects which enveloped and protected their families. Inspired by these women I hope my creations pay tribute to and recognise the devotion expressed in cloth by our female ancestors .







''the use of traditional often time consuming process alludes to the devotion of a mother''. c K. A. Ruane 2007







Friday, February 10, 2012

more knots.....French this time...




Mustn't leave anyone out ladies....so in order to keep the world happy today I give you knots of the French kind. A very small corner of my last section, about 3 x 4 inches in size, embellished with circles of knots, an edge of web stitches and embroidered prairie points thrown in for good measure.
Later today I am on e-mail answering duties and then my little girl is coming home...lots to do...more mail to send out about the new class too. If you are pondering on that we don't actually start until March which gives you lots of time to clear the decks, finish off projects....The class has it's own dedicated page on here...just look at the top of this page  but there is also lots more information here too.
Before I go...you know me...never one to suffer in silence. I would like to thank a well known supermarket for NOT gritting their car park!! Yours truly went flying yesterday and split her knee open...today I am hobbling...hobbling for England....and then to cap it all, the moist worrying thing of the whole chaotic mess that is my life....
this morning I pricked my finger on a Rose thorn......believe me I really don't have time to fall asleep for 100 years.....handsome prince or no handsome prince.

12 comments:

Jane said...

Ouch! and ouch!
Stunning french knots, love the cluster under the prairie points.
Have fun with your little girl

deanna7trees said...

oh dear. think you better stay in, protected from the elements, for a while. enjoy the visit.

Suztats said...

Your poor knee! Hope it heals soon.
Love the french knots and your circles/clusters look so perfectly uniform! How do you do that?

Carol Q said...

beautiful stitching as ever Karen. poo to that supermarket. hope you have a lovely time with your daughter.

Tina said...

You poor thing-take it easy. I don't want you to sleep for 100 years either!

Enjoy your visit!

Sue Krekorian said...

Does the supermarket know about your injury? They should. They might give you some vouchers for compensation as well as ensuring it does not happen again.

Tammie Lee said...

oh! So sorry to hear that you took a spill and a prick, darn drat and many others! knots are gorgeous!

Elizabeth said...

You can't go wrong with your gorgeous french knots.

Be careful during your busy weekend!

Joanna said...

I had to go back and read your comment on my blog again. I am pretty tired at the moment and so missed the bit about you falling over and I thought those judges were just on stand by in the car park in case you did fall over and now I'm rambling. So hugs and sympathy and get a pair of yaktrax! They save you from embarrassing situations - I know!

Jacky said...

Beautiful little circles of french knots. Hope you're OK after your tumble.

Jacky xox

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Just one of the reasons I hate winter - I hope your knee is feeling much better. The circles of french knots are awesome!

Janice / Dancing with Sunflowers said...

Hope your knee is on the mend. Karen ... Karen ... WAKE UP!!!!!!!