For centuries women have used cloth as a tool of comfort and as an expression of beauty within their homes. Creating cloth for warmth, cloth for shelter, our female predecessors embellished these linens with hand stitch using laborious and time consuming techniques thereby enhancing the functional beauty of objects which enveloped and protected their families. Inspired by these women I hope my creations pay tribute to and recognise the devotion expressed in cloth by our female ancestors .







''the use of traditional often time consuming process alludes to the devotion of a mother''. c K. A. Ruane 2007







Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Old reliable!

Yes it's wednesday and here I am again. It nearly never happened though, I nearly left it until tomorrow because I have really struggled to get going today. I am showing you more secret stuff here, (ha! putting it out there for zillions of people to look at and trying to keep it a secret) No choice though. I have nothing else to show you. In a way it's quite liberating being able to put this up as it is finished, for now. I have met my part of the bargain so far and am now playing a waiting game. I have been so stressed I don't really care anymore about the outcome, well for today anyway. I feel liberated because now I can forget about this for a while and concentrate on making for the fair. I desperately want a doll, some more buttons, some? some? some? I don't know just some more of everything! I want pretty things to decorate my table. I want lovely labels for my prices. I want to be extra, extra organised. (that will be the day!!) I have ribbon to tie my packages, a piece of forward thinking that makes me proud. Now I need paper. The bags are here, I have more boxes to fill. I bought some pretty jars in John Lewis that I want to fill with pretty things.
I think I need to write a list!

12 comments:

Elizabeth said...

So it is a collaberation of sort, hmm!! Now you have to wait!! It is beautiful, hmm!! Who is in want of a creative partner, lately? Have to check my indexroll.

Sherlock is on the loose.


LOL

Gina said...

The secret project is intriguing. Wish I could get to the Makey Do... I think your stall is going to be wonderful.

Jackie said...

that second picture with the french knots is stunning. I hope you do well at the 'MD'

Victoria said...

The stitching is scrumptious!

...I have my theories as to what the secret project may be, but I am keeping mum, (and I of course could be totally off base!) Your stand will no doubt be mouthwatering beautiful as well! Enjoy all of your accomplishments... you are a marvel of talent.

Joei Rhode Island said...

Yummmy yummmmy colors...and, I agree, all those French Knots are fab! I would love to come to Makey Do and see all the goodies...
Joei
PS...Trying to be patient and see what the mystery project will be.

connie said...

Oh, I wish I could go to Makey Do. Sounds like such fun. I am sure your table will be incredible. Someday I hope to see your work in person.

Jane said...

I am coming to you for lessons, I've been in awe of your knots for a long time. This looks stunning

Threadspider said...

Not only do I envy your ability with French knots, but your sense of colour too! It's awesome.

marie said...

I know I always say this but, "beautiful"! and intriguing. Your stand will be fabulous. Looking forward to the "mystery solved" : )

Janice / Dancing with Sunflowers said...

It's so beautiful. A list sounds like a good idea but you have plenty of ideas and I know your stall will be beautiful too. Did you ever imagine so many people would be 'in awe of your knots'?! Thanks for commenting on my Round the Island post. I didn't grow up by the sea but in Leeds and living here is a dream come true.
Janice.

Katy Swift said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous work. Can't wait to see the final finished thing.

Hope all goes well with MD and creating all the fabby things you want to.

Diane Cransac said...

That is just incredible. I Want to see it all! LOL!
Good luck with your packaging and making. I am busy over here too making something new...