For centuries women have used cloth as a tool of comfort and as an expression of beauty within their homes. Creating cloth for warmth, cloth for shelter, our female predecessors embellished these linens with hand stitch using laborious and time consuming techniques thereby enhancing the functional beauty of objects which enveloped and protected their families. Inspired by these women I hope my creations pay tribute to and recognise the devotion expressed in cloth by our female ancestors .







''the use of traditional often time consuming process alludes to the devotion of a mother''. c K. A. Ruane 2007







Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Still here!

Hi everyone! it's only been three days but feels like weeks! I haven't gotten anything done these past two days, I suppose it will take a week or two to get into a proper routine. Thankfully I finished my bag at the weekend and here it is. I will try and get it into the shop later tonight but if I don't I will definitely do it tomorrow. The pictures aren't the best I'm afraid. By the time I get in, get organised, have a lie down in a darkened room (I wish!!) the light is gone. It's very strange no longer having the luxury of sitting around waiting for the sun to appear for photography. Now I have to take what I am given....













If I haven't visited you for ages I am sorry, I miss my daily blog reading. I promise that I will try and get round everyone in the next few days. I hope you are all being amazingly creative so I have plenty to ooh and aah over! Have fun x


5 comments:

Michala Gyetvai (Kayla coo) said...

Wondeful work.
I like the way you have positioned and layered the lace.I also like the touch of pale blue.

Jane said...

I love the lace you have used on this one, beautiful

Threadspider said...

A time will come when this is all you do for a living, I feel sure. These are such beautiful pieces you make.

Gina said...

That looks beautiful karen.

méri said...

Beautiful, the bag!

Don't mind with us...w'll be here always waiting for your news.
Take care!