For centuries women have used cloth as a tool of comfort and as an expression of beauty within their homes. Creating cloth for warmth, cloth for shelter, our female predecessors embellished these linens with hand stitch using laborious and time consuming techniques thereby enhancing the functional beauty of objects which enveloped and protected their families. Inspired by these women I hope my creations pay tribute to and recognise the devotion expressed in cloth by our female ancestors .







''the use of traditional often time consuming process alludes to the devotion of a mother''. c K. A. Ruane 2007







Friday, December 7, 2007


I told you I wouldn't be able to resist using text somewhere!!!





I have been continuing my sampling based on lace. I am not sure wether to keep these in my portfolio or add them to my embroidered scraps page on the website. I do think I need to build my portfolio for when I have buyers banging on the door, (or was that a dream!!) but I also think my webpage needs a few additions. Decisions decisions.....................




Two of my piffers and my holiday swap partner, nan, have recieved their packages, and I am really happy that they are happy, (if you see what I mean) Above is a peek at what Nan, Jill and Gunnel received. I posted out to Camilla aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaages ago and she hasn't got it yet, so no peek at that and I hope its not permanently lost in the bowels of the christmas mail tomb!!

3 comments:

Camilla said...

wah! When did you send it to me? Certainly seen no sign of anything from you- I hope it turns up somewhere/sometime soon. What did the package look like? Oh no...I feel all worried and sad now!

Camilla said...

I love the use of text in anything!
I'll try and email you about the missing pif...

Camilla said...

Yes it's Weston-super-Mare and nooooooo still no sign of it! I thought it had arrived this morning and nearly grabbed the envelope from the postman's hands, but it was the one from Mithi... boo